Xi: Continuum trailer
Blueprint: Home Announcement
Aurora Launch Video
Secret Lewis Bahrain Launch video
The Making of Xi
You are here: Home / Aurora
Launched in March 2011, Aurora is the stunning floating archipelago inside PlayStation Home and also acts as nDreams' HQ in PlayStation Home. Aurora is a space that we look to keep regularly updated with all new content so that those users returning time and time again have something new and fresh to engage with.
The most popular activities within Aurora are Orbrunning (dashing around the islands catching different types of floating orbs within a time limit) and Sky Fishing (a more leisurely activity where players can catch and collect a range of different creatures that are found floating in the clouds). The recent ‘Trap-O-Matic’ has seen the best levels of retention, with players setting a trap and then coming back a day later to see whether or not the trap has caught a reward. Other activities include a spy game, Espionage 9, a surreal 3D penguin-flying game called Los Penguini Brothers and the ‘Teller of Tales’, which is revealing the back story of the islands, and how they were first discovered.
We have recently hit a huge milestone with Aurora, we have surpassed one million unique visitors in fifteen months. This is a fantastic achievement and something we are extremely proud of and thankful to our community who continue to show that they love the work we do.
Below are the updates to Aurora, when they were released and the main inclusions:
- Coming September 2012
- Released April 2012
- Trap-O-Matic – A simple trap mini game allowing users to earn free rewards by setting a trap every 24 hours.
- Five Leafed Clover Seat – Compliments the Trap-O-Matic giving you more chances to win if purchased.
- Auroralite Contraption – An item that will help higher level users level up quicker.
- Released December 2011
- Level cap raised to 100. Upon reaching level 100 users rewarded with the Champion Apartment
- New chapter in Teller of Tales telling the story of Sir Roger.
- Vincent the Unicorn companion given to users when entering Aurora
- Espionage 9 and Los Penguini Bros games added to Aurora on their own Islands
- Released October 2011
- Aurora plunged into Darkness and filled with Halloween inspired items
- Released October 2011
- Sky Fishing game introduced challenging users to catch over forty different objects.
- Teller of Tales introduced giving users more background on the history of Aurora
- Collect-O-Rama, a loyalty reward scheme introduced. Complete twelve tasks and be rewarded with a mega bundle of goodies.
- Auroralite Hoody clothing item allowing users to earn more experience when playing Orb Runner and level up quicker.
- Daily XP Bonuses for users who come back regularly