Xi: Continuum trailer
Blueprint: Home Announcement
Aurora Launch Video
Secret Lewis Bahrain Launch video
The Making of Xi
You are here: Home / Blogs / admin's blog / nDreams at E3
We've just got over the jetlag after a week in Los Angeles at E3, the year's premier games convention.
We had a pretty large stand this year as you can see from the pictures below:
The show went extremely well from our point of view - loads of great meetings and conversations with all sorts of people. We didn't have too much time to check out the showfloor, but key standouts were:
- The new Nintendo 3DS; everyone was talking about how cool the machine was and how well the 3D worked.
- Both the PlayStation Move and Xbox Kinect looked interesting. General opinion was that holding something physical with buttons on (Move) was better than waving your body around without any buttons (Kinect) but I didn't spend much time on either system.
- 3D games on the PlayStation 3; games like Wipeout HD are much better in 3D - the depth of field really helps judge where the corners are and when to turn in.
- Lego Universe was very clever; big potential for this upcoming MMO.
- I really want to get hold of one of these - the AR Drone is a flying saucer controlled by an iPhone/iPad which flies and hovers beautifully.
Back to work. Next up, the Develop Conference in Brighton where I'm going to be talking about Facebook and digital publishing. We're also nominated for an award at the Develop Awards. *Fingers crossed*
Patrick, 24th June 2010